Program Name: Junior Activities
Chair Name: Jackie Tyne Chair email: email@example.com
Chair Address: 2115 A Ave
Marion IA 52302 Chair Phone# 319-551-9308
Our Foals or better known as Juniors will be honored to be like our Veterans in “America that runs free Because of those who served our Country” just like President Vickie theme this year. Help our Juniors show their prancing of supporting our Veterans by engaging them in unit and district meetings, activities and projects. Juniors are encouraged to recruit new members by spreading the news as in Junior President Mary’s goals going into the community, schools, churches, and in their neighborhoods. This will be done by letting them know What it is to be a Junior member.
Help Juniors to promote Americanism in their own communities. Have Juniors participate in Parades with Senior Auxiliary Members. Provide opportunity for your Juniors to learn about the meaning of the pledge of Allegiance, flag etiquette, and what it means with each fold. President Junior Mary will be collecting pop tabs for the Ronald McDonald house.
Veterans and their Families
Encourage Juniors to support and recognize veterans who are deployed or returning home to be with their families. Have Juniors make cards or care packages during the holiday or just thanking a Vet. For their service. Like president Mary’s project is collecting food for homeless Veterans and not forgetting the women veterans also.
Junior Patch Program
Help Juniors earn patches. The patch program for Junior members can be found on the web at www.ALAFORVETERANS.ORG Please help your juniors to earn these patches.
Junior Activities Awards
An award presented to the Junior group with the best media coverage of their activities or a project. Narrative must include the award cover sheet located in the program Plan not to exceed 500 words. Please include specific examples of displays, events, and programs not to exceed 500 words. Entries must be sent in to the Department Junior Activities Chairman by April 30th, 2018. All entries will be sent to the National Chairman by June 1st 2018.
An award presented to the unit with the most outstanding Junior activities program. Entries must be typewritten in narrative form not to exceed 1,000 words and must include the award cover sheet located in the program plan. Please include pictures. Entries must be sent in to the department chairman by June 1st 2018.
An award presented to the department with the most outstanding Junior Activities program. Entries must be typewritten in a narrative form not to exceed 1000 words and must include the award cover sheet located in the program plan. Please include specific examples of how your juniors worked the ALA mission along with pictures, news articles, etc. Entries must be sent into the district Chairman by April 30th, 2018. All entries will be sent to the national division chairman by June 1st,2018
Junior Member of the Year Award
Each unit can nominate deserving Junior in recognition of her dedicated service, efforts, and talents. All unit nominees will receive a Dept. Certificate. The selected Iowa Junior member of the year entry will be sent on to National for further competition. Requirements are as follows:
1. Nominee must be a Junior Auxiliary member in the Dept. of Iowa in good standing for the year 2017-2018 membership year.
2. Only one junior from each unit may be sent to Depart for Competition.
3. Outstanding contributions the Junior from each unit may be sent to Dept. for competition.
4. The Dept. Junior President Mary is not eligible for this award.
5. Years of membership as a junior member is not a requirement.
6. Nominee’s name, email address, and complete mailing address must accompany the nomination.
7. A type-written narrative essay with an award cover sheet not to exceed 500 words telling about the Juniors accomplishments during the current administrative year.
8. Please include pictures, clippings, scrapbooks, etc. either electronically or by US Mail.
9. Nominations must be signed by the candidate’s unit Junior Activities Chariman and sent to the Dept. Junior Activities Chairman by Aplril 30th,2018
10. Entries will be judged by the national Junior Activities Committee.