The 2016-2017 Department Junior President’s Project include the Following:
- Collecting Baby Starter Gift Packages. Collect baby items for a baby starter kit and give to your local VA Women’s Clinic. Items you could collect include travel-size containers of baby powder, lotion, shampoo, baby wipes, etc. This is a good way to honor and thank our women veterans.
- Collecting Buddy Baskets. Collect household items and create a buddy basket. Buddy baskets can be given to veterans who have recently moved into a new home. Household items that you could collect are paper towels, light bulbs, dish soap, dishes, bath towels, etc. These baskets will make it less stressful for these veterans during their move.
- Encourage Junior Membership. Juniors are the future of this organization. Signing up new juniors and keeping them interested will help the Auxiliary grow and get more people involved.
- Encourage Attendance at junior camp and conventions. Having juniors participate in meetings and activities will help them learn more about what we do and how we help Veterans and military families.
- Support Department Commander Ken and Department President Sharons’ Projects.
Please keep in mind that no monetary donations can be accepted for Honorary
Department Junior President projects.
I am excited to serve as the Department Junior President. Please contact me if you have any questions, concerns or comments. I hope you have a great year everyone!